BEACON Simplified Playout is designed for channels that need simple, easy-to-use playout in a self-contained, broadcast quality, ECO system.
BEACON eliminates unnecessary hardware and uses software to provide the key broadcast elements of video playback, graphics and scheduling in a streamlined playout solution the delivers on broadcast quality, ease-of-use and cost-effective channel playout.
Designed around the architectural elements of our industry leading OASYS platform, BEACON Simplified Playout includes the necessary features for file-based playout, localized content and digital ad insertion with a single live input.
- BEACON Simplified Playout is perfect for Diginets, Closed-Circuit, CATV channels and channel limited broadcasters.
- It’s a plug n’ play solution, ready to go out of the box; easy to configure and use.
- Supports up to 4 SD Channels and 2 HD Channels.
- It’s cost-effective; runs on a commodity based IT server.
- Saves you money on installation and training.
BEACON Simplified Playout – Overview Diagram
- Multiple channels per server possible (2 HD or 4 SD)
- Supports for centralized storage and media management
- On-board File QC and file movement
- Closed caption for 608, 708, teletext and OP47 and subtitle support, including up to 4 DVB subtitle streams
- Control of a single SDI Router (serial or IP)
- SCTE-104 decode for digital ad insertion triggering
- One graphics layer with complex graphics via template for still, sequence, animation or OASEQ.
- Includes BroadStream Storage Manager, LML (Local Media Library) to manage files and Watchdog to monitor system health.
- Chassis: SuperMicro SuperChassis 835 R920B (Black) with 8 – removable 3.5″ drive bays
- Hot-Swap Drive Bay: Mobile Rack 2.5″ SATA 4-Bays (Black ) for 2 x 2.5″ OS drives.
- Motherboard: SuperMicro X10DAi
- Heatsink: SNK-POO48P
- CPU (Hexa-Core): Intel Xeon E5-2620 (2.0G 15M Cache, 2.00GHz, 7.20GT/s QPI. Faster CPU’s may be required for multi-instance systems or those using streaming connections.
- RAM: Hynix 2GB DDR-3-1600MHz (PC3-12800) registered EEC (for 32GB total)
- Graphics Adapter: x16 PCI-e Graphics card with minimum of 512MB of onboard memory, 1GB onboard memory preferred.
- RAID Controller: Minimum 8 port SAS/SATA 6Gb/s controller with RAID 50/6 support
- Battery Backup for RAID Controller: Recommended; not essential.
- Connection Cables: Mini -SAS SFF-8807 to SATA/SAS fanout cable required for LSI RAID controller listed as example above.
- OS Drive: Minimum 128GB, SATA 3GB/s, 2.5″ Solid-State Drive (SSD). Enterprise Class SATA 2.5″ may be an acceptable alternative but may result in longer boot times.
- Media Drive: Enterprise Class SAS/SATA Storage Drive 3.5″ minimum 500GB minimum 64MB Cache minimum 7200rpm 3Gb/s. 128MB Cache, 6Gb/s recommended for HD systems (compulsory for complex or multi-instance systems). Consumer grade hard disks are not permitted. Connected to PCI RAID Controller and configured in RAID 50.
- Operating System: Playout/Ingest: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 (can use Server but higher cost). Indexing Servers: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 RS STD x64
- Schedule creation & insertion and appending
- Append without interruption
- Trim edits
- Edit effects
- Transition effects
- Save as template
- Live event insertion
- Automatic Gap Filler Schedule from text file
- Audio leveling
- Graphics insertion and positioning