Open Position – Quality Control Engineer
BroadStream is currently hiring a Quality Control Engineer. This position will be located in one of our three technical centers: Tulsa, OK; Zagreb, Croatia; or our office in Ipswich, England. This position will report to the Quality Control Team Leader. If you are interested please email your qualifications to [email protected].
To carry out Quality Control testing of all current company products in accordance with the scheduled plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LIABILITIES
- Work with the relevant Teams on Scope of Work definitions, relating to QC aspect, to understand functional requirements, objectives, and Test Tools, configurations and any equipment required.
- Utilize Feature and Bug tracking and planning systems according to priority, and updating status.
- Set up relevant Test systems.
- Test software and ensure that it has been correctly implemented.
- Test software and search for defects.
- Write and execute test procedures and scripts.
- Write and update user manuals.
- Execute any specified computer related tests.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level in Engineering/Software related discipline or relevant experience in Software/Hardware Testing role.
- Good Scripting Skills in common languages like PYTHON, POWERSHELL, COMMAND LINE.
- Good experience with different Operating systems (mainly Windows based, Linux).
- Experience with Cloud Technologies AWS, AZURE.
- Good understanding of IP Networking, protocols and Wireshark, etc.
- Knowledge of Automated testing tools.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Understands software quality control methodologies, tools and processes.
- Has a deep knowledge of the way that computers work. This includes knowledge of networking, operating system configurations and the basics of hardware configuration.
- Approaches work systematically.
- Displays strong analytical skills. Able to problem solve. Documents and describes any problems that are encountered.
- Demonstrates a high level of control over the English language. A confident writer and speaker.
- Always has a positive attitude and works well in a team.
- Has the ability to build good relationships with people.
- Has the ability to acquire useful knowledge.
- Great organizational skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND JOB CHARACTERISTICS
- Work may be done in the office environment. This may change according to the needs of the job.
- Tasks are determined by the Job Description and the decisions made by the Senior Line Manager.
- Employees should show initiative when deciding what to do and should take into account a specific job’s characteristics.
- Tasks may be performed independently and/or in co-operation with others.
- The job demands work in office hours.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.